Twice per year, the Michigan Drug Discovery provides grant awards of up to $75,000 each for drug discovery research in all therapeutic areas.
Preference will be given to studies on novel drug targets with a clear medical need and commercial viability.
The expectation is that most of the awarded funds will be used in the following U-M core laboratories to accelerate the discovery process:
- Center for Chemical Genomics
- Center for Structural Biology
- Vahlteich Medicinal Chemistry Core
- Pharmacokinetics Core
- Natural Products Discovery Core
Up to $5,000 of award can be used for work and supplies outside of the pre-approved cores.
Michigan Drug Discovery currently accepting proposals for the next round of MDD pilot drug discovery funding.
If you have are planning to submit a proposal, or are thinking about it and have questions, please fill out this form. We'll be in touch to schedule a pre-submission meeting/consultation.
The application can be accessed here.
- September 13, 2019: Complete a pre-submission application and meeting with the MDD team. Pre-submission meetings are intended to address potential problems with the research plan and help increase a proposal's chance of being funded.
- September 27, 2019: After the pre-submission meeting, meet with the relevant core director(s). Please reach out to MDD staff if you need assistance in scheduling a meeting.
- October 4, 2019: Submit a budget, including a quote from the cores in which the work will be completed. Please upload your budgets into this system. MDD staff will be able to access them even if your final application isn't submitted yet.
- October 11, 2019 at 5 pm EDT: Submission deadline for the full proposal.